Stephen Unckles is currently in situation where he does not have any regular access to the internet or to this blog. Having been informed that this situation is likely to continue for a minimum of six weeks, Stephen asked me to access his blog and leave a message for its readers. His message is as follows:
Can't talk much now guys. But here's how I put it: things have gone from worse to terrible for me lately because of certain things, relating to what my life has been through lately. I'm in Pennsylvannia now and am now doing fine, except I miss being able to contact you about my life. But I guess it's better here. In case you are wondering: it's a home. The person who is writing this is Mike who is really cool and a great friend and a good guy in general. Thank you Mike for writing. I wish that Mike could write about what has happened (I will tell you later but it is super-embarrassing). The point here is that I miss you and that I'm getting by and I haven't forgotten about your previous support for me. Have a good time!!!!! -Stephen
Sunday, October 31, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Steve,
Let me just say, you didn't do a good job with this blog. You did a great job.
(I'm sorry. That's the oldest joke and it wasn't even funny the first time. And yet somehow I still think this is a funny joke to be told, just like it was in the old days in high school.) Hey look I am sounding like you can in your blog! Yeah right don't I wish that were true. But I should really get a clue, only you can be Stephen Unckles.
Okay, haha- so what I don't understand is- why would anybody EVEN CARE why you are writing this (i.e., to get money, to be fake, or if its for real)- are there seriously people who surf around reading the blogs of strangers expecting them all to be exactly the same as every other blog they've ever seen? or trying to "save" the ultra-naive people out there from giving their money to internet scams? THAT IS SO WEIRD TO ME!!
But I thought I'd say, this is the most creative blog I've seen, and I'm honoured to say I know (knew) you. I think it's genius, really, and after reading it I just had to tell you that all the creativity that has always been in you, it's like everything you touch (including the land of the blog) turns into this quirky and intriguing, comic and/or confusing, awesome gold. (Sorry for all the adjectives, I couldn't pick, or even really figure out what exactly I was trying to say.)
Call me "super-geek," but my hubby Gary and I, along with my sister and her husband and some other friends, have been playing Dungeons and Dragons with John lately. It has been massively fun and I hope there is always some Unckles in my life. I see Kathleen occasionally too, which is great. It's weird how old friends can go months without seeing each other and pick right up where they left off when they do get together.
My blog is lame, but feel free to check it out. I can't write. Not like you, at least. Anyways, keep up the good work.
-Gwen (Thomas) Owen
PS-- If you want to delete this comment for any reason, I'll respect your discretion on that decision. I just had to leave a note to say hi. And also, okay, bye.
Post a Comment