Sunday, May 16, 2004
Clobber
I don't believe in the future so much as I believe in the concept OF a future, that is, I believe that there will be, in the future, a continuing concept of the forward progression of time (at least according to our perception), by which I mean that I envision a world, much like ours, only in the future, in which people are capable of and sort of enjoy thinking about the future. I'm not saying the world of the future will be better, and I'm not saying it will be worse. Who can tell if civilization is rising to the top of the mountain of enlightenment or sinking down, down, to be covered by the oozing slimes of disorder and misery? No one. But that doesn't stop people from trying to think about it now, right? And in the future it won't stop people in the future either, not even for a second as they fly around in their cars and use high tech disintegration lasers to kill each other. I mean I think it was a philosophical person who pointed out that we can only be sure of what is happening in any given moment, and that all our memories of the past could be implanted in our heads by god or whatever. So what's the harm of trying to figure out what's going to happen tomorrow if the day after tomorrow tomorrow will just be implanted in our heads by Jesus? More on this in the FUTURE. Get the joke?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment