Friday, May 14, 2004

Isotope

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you about my story about my ostrich Armstrong! Things have been really busy. Again, I apologize. Anyway, when I was twelve I went to an airshow in Auburn, Washington, that was very exciting for a young person like I was. Then, on the way back, we passed an ostrich farm. I was excited as I could possibly be. In previous times I had only seen ostriches in zoos, or on the nature shows that I watch on TV, or on other television shows that I had watched, specifically cartoons. So seeing this ostrich farm from the car was the first time I had ever seen an ostrich in real live except for the zoo. I was stunned. As soon as I got back to the house I went to my room and thought a lot about the ostrich. Eventually I decided that what I wanted was to own my own ostrich. I talked to my parents about it, and they said that I could get one if I took good care of it and never let it out of its cage. And I did, and I named it Armstrong after the cleaner. Armstong was a very good ostrich, and we liked each other as friends. I still have one of his feathers in a box someplace. After a few months Armstrong died from sadness.

No comments: